Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nusaka

Can't connect to Roku device on mobile app

I'm having trouble connecting my brand new roku device to the mobile app. I suspect the issue comes from the fact I am using a mobile hotspot off my phone.

I tried using the connect manually option with using the IP address off the device but it says that device doesn't exist on that IP (I triple checked that I typed everything correctly).

I also tried all the basic fixes like restarting and unplugging the roku device, uninstalling the app, etc.

I read a few posts here from several years ago talking about the same issue with noone knowing any tips on how to fix it but I'm hoping someone found a solution by now.

I tried to get help from support but I don't think they were getting it. They kept telling me to just try using a different WiFi network

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't connect to Roku device on mobile app

I don't think it can be fixed.  If your Roku is connected to your phone's hotspot then there isn't a way for the mobile app to connect back to the Roku device.  If you have another phone/tablet that you can connect to the phone's hotspot at the same time then you can run the app on that device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.