Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeC90
Reel Rookie

Can't connect Roku Remote App or Voice remote after factory reset (TCL Roku TV)

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

So I had to do a full factory reset on my TCL Roku TV because of a picture quality issue.

The problem that I'm having now is that because I did the factory reset, my tv is not connected to my wifi, and as a result the Roku Remote app for my phone can't find any devices (my tv). I know they need to be on the same wifi network. The voice remote doesn't work, obviously, because it's not paired to the tv.

It's sort of a weird cycle.

Does anyone know what the solution would be?

I hope I'm explaining this clearly, please ask for clarification.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't connect Roku Remote App or Voice remote after factory reset (TCL Roku TV)

Jump to solution

@Jcross1118, if you factory reset your Roku TV, you can't use the app until it's connected to your network and to accomplish that you need a physical remote.  If you lost yours or it no longer works you have three options:

1. Buy a Roku Voice remote
  2. Get a replacement remote from the TV's manufacturer (which may not be Roku)
  3. Get a universal remote that supports Roku TVs

Accessories | Roku Player, Streaming Stick, Smart TV & Audio Accessories | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
MikeC90
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't connect Roku Remote App or Voice remote after factory reset (TCL Roku TV)

Jump to solution

Resolved.

Sorry all - I was able to pair the remote after all by hitting the home and back button simultaneously.

Jcross1118

Jump to solution

This is the exact same issue I’m having today. 
my living room TV is not showing up on my app because I had the factory reset but because it’s not finding the device I’m unable to even pull up the remote, (it says I have to connect to a device first)  so how did you hit the Home and back button??

MikeC90
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes! The home button and back arrow (made the mistake of hitting the back button that’s part of the 4 in the middle)

Holding those together for 5-10 seconds should cause the green light to go on, and the remote should start working.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jcross1118, if you factory reset your Roku TV, you can't use the app until it's connected to your network and to accomplish that you need a physical remote.  If you lost yours or it no longer works you have three options:

1. Buy a Roku Voice remote
  2. Get a replacement remote from the TV's manufacturer (which may not be Roku)
  3. Get a universal remote that supports Roku TVs

Accessories | Roku Player, Streaming Stick, Smart TV & Audio Accessories | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cararox

Jump to solution

Thank you for this, was having the exact same problem and this solved it.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.