Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App takes forever to load because it tries and fails to load the home page.

Jump to solution

Hi. I primary use the iPhone mobile app as a Roku remote and have noticed an issue with it.

In the last few weeks or so, the app when opens tries to load the Home Screen for the app, until it does this I can’t access any other part of the app including the remote function.

Eventually the app will prompt me that it can’t load the Home Screen, and ask if I want to just use the remote. This isn’t as much as an issue as it is an inconvenience- as it takes 15-25 seconds to load the remote.

Ive checked it on my end and there isn’t anything wrong with my internet that would cause this, and have checked this with other users (they have the same issues) is something different in the last few weeks that would cause this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: App takes forever to load because it tries and fails to load the home page.

Jump to solution

Hi, @DigitalLuke.

Welcome, and thanks for sharing this here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing unintended behaviors with your Roku App. We're here to provide help.

To take a closer look at the situation, try the following steps below if it improves your current problem:

Try this...

• Check for available updates for your Roku app. If an update is available, perform the update to ensure that you have the latest version of the Roku app software.
  • If you find that the app is taking a long time to load, even after ensuring it is updated to the latest version, you can attempt to resolve the issue by uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. This process can help refresh the app and improve its performance.

After completing the steps outlined above, we kindly ask that you provide us with feedback regarding whether the issue has been successfully resolved.

We are hoping for your prompt response.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @DigitalLuke.

Welcome, and thanks for sharing this here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing unintended behaviors with your Roku App. We're here to provide help.

To take a closer look at the situation, try the following steps below if it improves your current problem:

Try this...

• Check for available updates for your Roku app. If an update is available, perform the update to ensure that you have the latest version of the Roku app software.
  • If you find that the app is taking a long time to load, even after ensuring it is updated to the latest version, you can attempt to resolve the issue by uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. This process can help refresh the app and improve its performance.

After completing the steps outlined above, we kindly ask that you provide us with feedback regarding whether the issue has been successfully resolved.

We are hoping for your prompt response.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kturpin

Jump to solution

I haven’t even had this tv a year and it won’t turn on now, it keeps flashing the onn.roku tv screen and shutting back off. It’s been doing this for about a week but it would always load after about 5min. Now it won’t at all and I’ve tried updating my app as well as uninstalling it and redownloading but nothing is helping. 

0 Kudos
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Kturpin.

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to provide you with the best resolution to the issue that you have on your Roku TV.

In this case, we highly recommend contacting the TV manufacturer as this may be a hardware issue. They provide direct support for their TV models since they exclusively use Roku as their operating system. You can reach them through their direct Onn Support

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.