Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HillsWife3

App remote will not connect to device after update

Jump to solution

After the new update on 10/21/2023, my Roku mobile app will not connect to my tv, it searches for the device and will not actually connect 9 out of 10 times. When it does, it won’t do anything and the apps, such as Netflix, Hulu, etc, will not show up. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: App remote will not connect to device after update

Jump to solution

Hi @Lilac2017,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. When did this issue occur? Did you make any changes to your wireless network? Is your phone connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device? Do you still have a physical Roku remote with you? Please provide us with more details so we can further assist you.

In the meantime, you can try to connect to your Roku device manually by locating the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below to connect manually.

1. Launch the Roku mobile app.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap Get Help?
  4. Select Connect manually.
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap Connect.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @HillsWife3,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We want to help. Could you tell us if reinstalling the app and performing a system restart on your device helps address the issue?

Or tell us what troubleshooting steps you've tried so that we can provide you with the appropriate next step.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lilac2017
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. My S10 used to be able to act as remotes for my 2 TCL Roku TVs but now it says it can't find anything.

I've done a system restart on the TV, closed and re-opened the mobile app and - nope.

HELP!!

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lilac2017,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. When did this issue occur? Did you make any changes to your wireless network? Is your phone connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device? Do you still have a physical Roku remote with you? Please provide us with more details so we can further assist you.

In the meantime, you can try to connect to your Roku device manually by locating the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below to connect manually.

1. Launch the Roku mobile app.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap Get Help?
  4. Select Connect manually.
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap Connect.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.