Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justagamer
Reel Rookie

not connected to wifi, no remote, no ethernet on the tv either

Jump to solution

my remote was lost 3 years ago and its been like this for so long what should i do

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: not connected to wifi, no remote, no ethernet on the tv either

Jump to solution

If you're TV isn't connecting, there's absolutely nothing that can be done (other than turning it on with the power button) without a physical remote.  If it's a Roku TV, you can get a cheap universal remote that supports Roku TVs or the Roku simple remote for TVs for 10 bucks.

Roku TV Remote | Replacement Remote For Roku TV | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

If you're TV isn't connecting, there's absolutely nothing that can be done (other than turning it on with the power button) without a physical remote.  If it's a Roku TV, you can get a cheap universal remote that supports Roku TVs or the Roku simple remote for TVs for 10 bucks.

Roku TV Remote | Replacement Remote For Roku TV | Roku

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
justagamer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

so how would i connect the universal remote to the tv?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@justagamer-

First off, it has to be a universal remote that has codes for ROKU TV.   Stand alone Roku streaming devices use a different code set than Roku TVs do.

Each universal remote brand is fifferent.  Consult the universal remote's instructions for how to configure it for the correct code set.

Edited to add:

Infrared universal remotes, once set to the proper code set, should just work when you "point and shoot" at the TV.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to searchpost your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.
Additional Resources
Check out our support articles for more content.