Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gm5
Reel Rookie

Soundbridge M1001 - No Time Display

Jump to solution

I have two Soundbridge M1001 units.  After a power outage neither unit displays the time.  I was able to connect to my home network without issue and play music via the network.  However when I start up the units they both displays a message saying "Trying to set time" and after about two minutes the display shows --:-- where the time used to display.  Both units are powered through a surge protector and our area is prone to power outages and this has never happened in the past. The ought occurred on May 24, 2022 so not sure if changes made to Roku servers occurred recently that is causing this issue.  Appreciate any suggestions for restoring the clock feature.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swifty_peeps
Reel Rookie

Re: Soundbridge M1001 - No Time Display

Jump to solution

You can do it from a web browser. Type the Roku IP address into your computer browser tab and it will show you the settings, including the time server. Of course, the computer and the Roku need to be on the same network.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
swifty_peeps
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It looks like roku shut down its time server.
In the coniguration, change the Network Time Server to: time-a-g.nist.gov

0 Kudos
gm5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can you guide me through the process for changing the Network Time Server?  I've searched the configuration options and see nothing.  I completed a factory reset, and while it provides me the option to select a timezone I didn't see anything that allows me to set a Time Server?  I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
swifty_peeps
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You can do it from a web browser. Type the Roku IP address into your computer browser tab and it will show you the settings, including the time server. Of course, the computer and the Roku need to be on the same network.

gm5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks!  Time is once again displaying per your instructions!

0 Kudos