Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cindychase

Charge for lifetime service

Jump to solution

I got a phone call from Roku a gentleman called and told me that I have to pay $250 for a lifetime but I already paid $125 for five years. I just don’t get it why am I being charged for all the stuff.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Being over, charge it and also I like to know what services then I’m paying for and also the fiv

Jump to solution

Neither the one calling you, nor whoever you previously paid the $125 to (likely the same group), have anything to do with Roku.  There is no charge to register a Roku, nor is there any sort of 5 year or lifetime plan.

Somehow you managed to contact scammers posing as Roku, likely when you first set up your account.  This often happens through a bogus website found via a web search or mistyping a valid Roku address.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Being over, charge it and also I like to know what services then I’m paying for and also the fiv

Jump to solution

Neither the one calling you, nor whoever you previously paid the $125 to (likely the same group), have anything to do with Roku.  There is no charge to register a Roku, nor is there any sort of 5 year or lifetime plan.

Somehow you managed to contact scammers posing as Roku, likely when you first set up your account.  This often happens through a bogus website found via a web search or mistyping a valid Roku address.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: Charge for lifetime service

Jump to solution

@makaiguy @cindychase 

this sounds like a scam to me. I’d be careful