ZeroNull
Streaming Star

Re: Wireless speakers popping

Jump to solution

It has now been two months without a solution. I continue to troubleshoot to see if anything will stop the annoyingly consistent popping from my speakers, and still they all pop. I may have had several responses from Roku, but none were helpful enough to give me a solution to end this madness. I've gone as far as factory resetting all speakers, including the streambar pro, and then leaving them all unplugged for 72 hours. But the speakers still pop!

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ZeroNull,

We appreciate your effort to reach us back!

We are doing our best to get back to you as soon as possible. We still haven't received any feedback as of the moment, but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have this issues as well. My wife and I really liked this setup before the popping started in late October(after an update). It happens on all streaming services, and both my subwoofer and wireless speakers make a popping noise. Hopefully they get us fixed up. 

ZeroNull
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@SockMonster Yeah, it began after the late October update for me as well and two months later there's still no solution despite recent updates. 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SockMonster,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Kindly, please provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for an additional report and to investigate further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ZeroNull
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Over three months later and the popping continues every day... (sighs)

TboneSteak
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've been having this exact same issue. 

Roku:  Do not message me asking for more information.   It's the same problem as everyone else.  It's not the equipment, it's the software update.  

If Roku can't figure out and fix the problem, then they should buy back all the speakers we've purchased, so we can buy something that works.  I've spent around $500 for my speakers.  

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TboneSteak,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We apologize for the inconvenience, and this is not what we aim for. We will be delighted to assist you further with this issue that you're having with Roku wireless speakers. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ZeroNull
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Not only are all of my wireless speakers popping, the audio continuously cuts out, distorted and makes static-y sounds now. Ever since the update back in December, I have tirelessly factory reset the wireless speakers and the Roku Streambar Pro. I've unplugged everything and done everything recommended as a solution.

It's been nearly four months, and I am giving up on being a Roku user. I've had multiple issues with multiple channels, including the Roku Channel itself.

Contact me when there is a fix for your products because they are seriously not sufficient enough to satisfy my needs! I'll likely end up selling it all seeing as there hasn't been a fix, merely so I can get at least some money back.

Edit: What's sad is the issues I've had others have reported has gone back for about five years now. These wireless speakers will work for about a month (give or take) then there's nothing but issues with them. Unplugging and factory resetting only to have the issues immediately setting it all back up is not a good product. I've not changed any cables or are any wires damaged. My speakers are about 10 feet from the Streambar Pro and my Streambar Pro receives excellent internet connection seeing as my router is not five feet from it. I hope no one else purchases these scam products, seeing as every update doesn't fix these issues. 

Sjk4x4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I feel the other’s sentiments on this thread. I have a roku tv and roku speakers, but i have to now switch to streaming thru the soundbar to alleviate the compatibility issues you have internally with your products because apparently cs is not in communication with i.t. Anylonger? Why should this be my problem?

please tell me specifically how to switch all of my streaming accounts to your soundbar from my roku tv to end this issue .

0 Kudos