Sjk4x4
Channel Surfer

Re: Wireless speakers popping

Jump to solution

And woohoo!! With all of my product complaints youve internally ranked me to channel surfer! What a compliment!!

please fix your products instead of making me feel welcome in a broken community 

TboneSteak
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s really sad that the only “solution” is to simply not use Roku speakers.

How do I go about getting my money back for your defective products?

I have 2 sets of wireless speakers, and a soundbar pro.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @TboneSteak

We appreciate you for keeping us posted.

We're sorry to hear about the experience you've encountered with your Roku speakers, and we'd be more than willing to assist you for this issue to be addressed. Could you please provide us with the following?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we'll be able to proceed to the necessary actions to resolve this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
TboneSteak
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Holy cow @RokuTakashi, do you ever READ the posts before sending out this generic “request for more information” answer?  Or is it just an auto-reply?

I think I’d just like to return the speakers and get my money back.  Is that an option?  
If so, then THERE’S THE SOLUTION!!!    Send me info on how I return all my equipment.

OR…..Hey, how about you just roll out a new software update to fix the issue!  OR, roll back the software update from December that caused the problem?!?

Stop asking for more information.  Read all the posts.  
All the information you need is there.  Everyone is having the exact same problem.

I get the feeling that if this doesn’t get fixed soon, there might be a class action L*suit brought against Roku for knowingly selling defective products.  And I’m sure you don’t want that, right?   Right???
Should I check with my legal counsel and see what he says I should do?

popdaddy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Started with the subwoofer and now the left rear is doing it regularly. I will be watching for a recall or class action.

Dianacalderon07
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

FOUND SOLUTION! I think I found the solution, if you stream from the sound bar the popping stops. I’ve had it that way for two days now with no popping. 

popdaddy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Interesting, I will try it, but it kind of defeats a Roku TV then.  🤔

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Dianacalderon07
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@popdaddy  yea I know.. good temporary fix until Roku gets their act together. Hope it works 🙂

0 Kudos
gmbarch

Jump to solution

So I have the Stream Bar Pro, a set of #rokuspeakers, from with they first came out, and the bass pro subwoofer.  When you started streaming through your #streambarpro, can you still use the roku speakers and the subwoofer

Thank You,

Greg

0 Kudos
TroyTruax

Jump to solution

My recently purchased Roku speaker bar worked great for a while but now I'm getting random popping when the TCL Roku TV is off. I'm going to see if factory reset does any good but of course the first thing the system does when you connect the speaker is update the system.

0 Kudos