Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrkygeek
Level 7

Activation issue code 001

Trying to activate Roku model N1000 and when trying to connect to internet using wired connection getting activation error code 0001. Same issue when using wifi connection. Here is the error message

20211012_160146.jpg

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Activation issue code 001

@mrkygeek-

N1000 was the very first Roku introduced in 2008 to display early Netflix.  Roku stopped supporting it in 2015 and it hasn't received a Roku system update since version 3.1 -- version 10.5 is being rolled out now.

If you do manage to get it connected you'll find that there are many channel apps that rely on capabilities added to later models and that can't even be installed to the N1000.

My preference would be not to bother with the N1000 and update to a current version.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
mrkygeek
Level 7

@makaiguy I appreciate your advice but I have been using this device and it only stopped working now. I don’t have trust in companies that arbitrarily disables device I paid for and for that reason I am not interested in update to a latest version.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mrkygeek

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy mentioned, the Roku device you are using is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mrkygeek
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R Thanks for reaching out. Device serial number:  20F8C3018462

0 Kudos