Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shanny88

Roku express not powering on

I need some help! 😅 my roku express box all of a sudden stopped turning on. It was just playing fine and I went to change the show and it just turned off, I've tried resetting it, unplugging and plugging back in, I just get a fee flashes of white light and nothing. When I press buttons on the remote it still lights up and reponds but the light won't stay on indicating the box itself is on. I did change my batteries in my remote, tried a different outlet any advice is appreciated! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku express not powering on

Hi @Shanny88,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you are having issues turning on your Roku Express, and we appreciate your posting about this. We would be delighted to help you further.

Are you powering your Roku device directly to the power outlet or to the power strip? Have you tried a different HDMI cable and adapter?

If the light doesn't stay on, it's possible that the cable connecting it to your TV might be the culprit.

Please try a different HDMI cable and adapter, and don't hesitate to inform us of the outcome.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to searchpost your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.
Additional Resources
Check out our support articles for more content.