Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bastskid

Roku 3 will not load and constantly restarts

OK… This is the third time. I’m trying to post this. I’m sorry if there are multiple posts for this, but your forum is really weird.

I have a Roku 3 and a Roku 4. The Roku 4 is working fine. The Roku 3 however, for the past week, starts to load, and I get the Roku insignia. When the app screen is supposed to come up, the screen turns the purple color, but never actually loads. It goes right back to the Roku insignia and starts over. I have a bright white light on my device. I get a wonderful Wi-Fi signal in this room as both my phone and my work computer have connectivity and work fine. I have tried unplugging the Roku, and letting it sit, then plugging it back in. I cleaned the ports for dust and re-plugged everything back in. Nothing seems to work. Without being able to get to the app screen, I can’t even do any of the troubleshooting suggestions that appear in this forum, as I can’t get to the settings. Anyone have any suggestions? Is my Roku fried and I need to get a new one? I’m at a total loss. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Re: Roku three will not load and constantly restarts

The Roku 3 was released in 2013 and is obsolete now. It's software just can't handle the demands placed by newer programs which take advantage of updates to the operating system.

From the Roku website:

As channels become more complex with updates over time, some older models may not perform as well as they used to. If your Roku 3 isn’t working as well as it once did, we recommend checking out our latest models and upgrading to something new.

0 Kudos