Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Realtv
Visitor

help!!!!!!! Video Not Loading/retrieving

Been working on a channel about a month now all signs are good we have no errors the channel opens up and is functioning,
but when you select a video it just says retrieving and it never fully loads or plays the content  Im not sure what my problem could be
I am using Json files if anyone has any idea what is going on please HELP !!!!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: help!!!!!!! Video Not Loading/retrieving

This could be a permission error on your server. What are you using for a server and have you tried loading the URL in a browser?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
tim1607
Visitor

Re: help!!!!!!! Video Not Loading/retrieving

Have you tried putting the video link in the Roku Stream Tester?  It just takes that specific URL without any channel code around it.  that might let you know if it is a XML/JSON error or something wrong with the video stream itself

Here is the page that has the stream tester, it has proven invaluable to me several times. Developer Tools
0 Kudos