Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RehDogg
Streaming Star

Re: When I go to Developer Dashboard and click on my channel, channel shows error

Great news I just got a response from the support helpdesk and the problem has been resolved. Here’s what they said below

Paulina (Roku Partner Success)

Jan 6, 2023, 4:52 AM PST

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience.

The issue has been fixed by our engineering team. You should be able to access and update your channels without any errors.
0 Kudos
RehDogg
Streaming Star

Re: When I go to Developer Dashboard and click on my channel, channel shows error

problem fixed

Paulina (Roku Partner Success)

Jan 6, 2023, 4:52 AM PST

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience.

The issue has been fixed by our engineering team. You should be able to access and update your channels without any errors.
0 Kudos
RaoulPeck
Reel Rookie

The issue hasn't been fixed - not only I am not able to update my Chanel and receive the same error - I am still in the creation phase, and I am not able to pass the Feed screen. After entering the feed link I am clicking on continue and nothing is happening, I see the loading icon and the page doesn't move. and when I am forced to log out after waiting for hours, I login and when I can click on edit the channel so I can continue I get the error message that the Chanel data couldn't be retrieved. So I don't know what your engineers fixed, because the error for me still there since yesterday. I have tried using Safari, Chrome, Firefox and nothing works.

0 Kudos
josiah1010
Channel Surfer

I get the same thing when I try to create a new channel. I can however access my channel page now, so I'd say they fixed that issue.

I need the channel creation issue resolved tho.

0 Kudos
RehDogg
Streaming Star

I will check when i am hone if not fixed I will send screenshot and reply to Roku support. 

0 Kudos
RehDogg
Streaming Star

7CFDD6DC-B250-409B-B2F2-627AA81F81E6.jpeg

My channel working now

0 Kudos
RaoulPeck
Reel Rookie

I delete the first channel - just did try to add a new one and still cannot pass the feed link entry screen. When I click on Weiter (Continue) the site just load, but I don't progress to the next - been like this since yesterday - I got a message from Roku that they are looking into itScreenshot 2023-01-06 at 23.18.39.png

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

I still cannot access some channels and get an error: "There was an error retrieving channel information. Please try again by reloading your browser or contact customer service for more information."

Refreshing doesn't work - Doesn't matter how many times or any browser you try!

Even signing in from another device or trying multiple devices! Doesn't work! 

Roku Partner success partnersuccess@roku.com will answer after a day or so maybe 2 to 3 days! They will then say they cannot reproduce your error. You then will have to do a Loom video or screen record and send it to them. Next, you will get an answer that they placed a bug report and will be stuck in the loop for a few weeks months, and hope not years!

Why does this happen to one or a few channels and not all? Why does this happen to new channels you try to add or update?

Does anyone out there find an answer or solution? I read everything from clearing your cache to rebooting your modem to trying another Internet connection away from your home or office! Trying another device! Good luck with that LOL!

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
Dolce1

I am having the same problem. Is there a solution for this as yet?

0 Kudos
RehDogg
Streaming Star

My problem has been resolved for a while now what I did was email them and let them know if my situation and they fixed it. This is the email address you need . 

partnersuccess@roku.com

0 Kudos