Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mosafer
Roku Guru

Roku TV and Direct Publisher

Is there any problem with Roku TV and DP?
All of my streams are working fine with all Roku devices, but I am getting messages from the viewers that Roku TVs do have problem with some Live streams!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Roku TV and Direct Publisher

Did it just occur recently?  Or is this a new channel altogether. I have a Insignia Roku TV and can check for you, I won't be home for a couple hours but could post back with an update if you wanna PM me the channel. 
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

Just an FYI,

I was told by a Roku Tech rep:
"Live streams on the DP can possibly be hacked in but are not directly supported, yet. We are working on it now, just have to work out some details for the ad services and will add it to the DP as soon as it is done"

(might not be word for word quote, but, is the spirit of what he told me)
http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

Oh and I have three live channels working on my DP channels using HLS format, the only thing I see not working is the ad breaks, everything else is working on all devices including several roku tv's..

I use unreal media server for my live feeds and I use vmix to create the live feeds..
http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

This problem has not been solved yet.
All the Roku TVs not working properly with DP for my viewers. No problem with other devices at all.
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

"mosafer" wrote:
This problem has not been solved yet.
All the Roku TVs not working properly with DP for my viewers. No problem with other devices at all.

Just a follow up after more than 6 month!
All the Roku TVs not working properly with DP (Specially with non-HD content). They just get the audio and a black screen. No problem with other devices at all.
0 Kudos