Roku Direct Publisher

The easiest way to create a great TV experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Published Channel not displaying updates

Hello,
I have two channels, one published and one unpublished. On the published one, when I update the json feed, and wait a couple hours, the feed status shows that it ingested that item. But the channel never shows the updates. With the unpublished channel, pulling from the same json file, when I click refresh now, and wait a few minutes, I can see in feed status that it ingested them item and the changes are reflected onto the channel. Why is the changes only showing on the unpublished channel?

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku Published Channel not displaying updates

Where do you host your feed file, and, do you use caching?
FREE Windows desktop software for creating and managing MRSS, JSON, and FireTV feeds @ https://github.com/rrirower. No Programming knowledge required.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Published Channel not displaying updates

"Baradanikto" wrote:
Where do you host your feed file, and, do you use caching?

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply. I host the file on my website server. Caching is disabled.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku Published Channel not displaying updates

Are you absolutely certain that the feed file is the same for both channels?  Sometimes, a category or play list error can cause a missing video.
FREE Windows desktop software for creating and managing MRSS, JSON, and FireTV feeds @ https://github.com/rrirower. No Programming knowledge required.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Published Channel not displaying updates

"Baradanikto" wrote:
Are you absolutely certain that the feed file is the same for both channels?  Sometimes, a category or play list error can cause a missing video.

I am 100% sure it is the same file. I have checked numerous times.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku Published Channel not displaying updates

Are you specifying your categories in the feed file, or, in the developer portal? If you'd like, I can use the software I wrote to validate your feed file. Other than that, I'm drawing a blank as the reason for your problem.
FREE Windows desktop software for creating and managing MRSS, JSON, and FireTV feeds @ https://github.com/rrirower. No Programming knowledge required.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Published Channel not displaying updates

"Baradanikto" wrote:
Are you specifying your categories in the feed file, or, in the developer portal?  If you'd like, I can use the software I wrote to validate your feed file. Other than that, I'm drawing a blank as the reason for your problem.

If you could verify it, that would be great. I am putting the categories in the feed file.
JSON Feed:
https://www.wcat-tv.org/wp-json/tv/roku/
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku Published Channel not displaying updates

I loaded your feed file using my software.  The only complaint was:

Empty 'tv special' object found in feed file.

I'm not sure if that's enough to cause your problem.  However, having an empty json object seems like a potential problem waiting to happen.  If the object is empty, it really shouldn't be in the feed file since all it can do is cause confusion.  And, I don't know if the Roku validation rules are different for an unpublished channel vs. a published one.
FREE Windows desktop software for creating and managing MRSS, JSON, and FireTV feeds @ https://github.com/rrirower. No Programming knowledge required.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Published Channel not displaying updates

"Baradanikto" wrote:
I loaded your feed file using my software.  The only complaint was:

Empty 'tv special' object found in feed file.

I'm not sure if that's enough to cause your problem.  However, having an empty json object seems like a potential problem waiting to happen.  If the object is empty, it really shouldn't be in the feed file since all it can do is cause confusion.  And, I don't know if the Roku validation rules are different for an unpublished channel vs. a published one.

Who would I contact about this issue? I am still having the problem. I have tried everything, and I still see no results.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku Published Channel not displaying updates

Is there a particular video in your feed that won't display, or, all videos? If it's one, can you identify it in the feed you posted?
FREE Windows desktop software for creating and managing MRSS, JSON, and FireTV feeds @ https://github.com/rrirower. No Programming knowledge required.
0 Kudos