Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herlsone
Streaming Star

New Channel Version Published, no change, and now the bug

Anyone else ready to give up?  My other channel, which so far has escaped "the bug" had a new version published today (after waiting the required time) so I get the email, yaaaay (it was a major update) message the client "its published"...they send back, no its not.  What???   Sure enough, its not changed.  Preview shows the new version, the TV does not. 

Of course, now the status feed says  Still processing...

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Re: New Channel Version Published, no change, and now the bug

If you got the nessage that it updated you should of checked the channel on your device before contacting your cklient, Also sometimes you and ur client have to check for updates on the device!

I went through it and when I updated the device I seen my updates and had to get my client to do the same because if you don't check your device for updates you will wait another week or two!

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
herlsone
Streaming Star

I have published my channel twice now with no change.  Still the old version.   I can update the contents of my feed and new shows are available.  But the categories are all the old ones.  Weird

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

I had this issue - what worked for me was checking the channel categories in Roku developer portal. I changed evrything to categories from feed and removed custom feed categories! I then refred feed status! Note in feed status there was a link for PREVIEW and Publish version of feed! The puiblished version showed the old fdeed. When I chyangerd my categories to make it cdategories from feed and saved then refrehed a day later it updated!

OnDemandTV
0 Kudos
herlsone
Streaming Star

Thanks, Will keep messing with it. the solution must be in there somewhere!

0 Kudos
herlsone
Streaming Star

now my "from feed" has disappeared!...sigh.

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

If you waqnt your from feed back it's easy. First go to properties and re enter all info on page like pick country to publish to the enter the info on right like TOS, and other info and click save. the go to feed url and click save then go to categories and you should now see Categories from fee!

OnDemandTV
0 Kudos
herlsone
Streaming Star

Thanks, that worked, sort of. My from feeds is back! woohoo! But the button is gray and I cannot select it.  Still have the processing feeds error in status.

0 Kudos
herlsone
Streaming Star

Great balls of fire... it worked.  Thanks!  Now to see if my channel actually updates!

0 Kudos