Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warrenevans
Channel Surfer

How do I remove a video from my channel?

Hi All -

Probably a dumb question, but I'm a newbie here... I used Direct Publisher to build my first channel, and have used Vimeo to host my content.  In testing I added a couple of sample videos.  They now appear on my channel, along with the ones I want to keep.  How do I remove them from the Channel?  I am not a programmer, and don't see an option in the Direct Publisher steps.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Warren Evans

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: How do I remove a video from my channel?

You'll need to remove the video from the feed file you submitted through the Direct Publisher portal.  However, be very careful how you remove it.  You'll need to know a bit of XML or JSON syntax if you plan to remove it using an external editor like Notepad.

If you created the feed file using some other means, you should seek answers there.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
warrenevans
Channel Surfer

OK, I can probably figure out the syntax and edit the file.  But where do I find it?  I used the Direct Publisher portal on the Roku website, so I'm sure it's somewhere; I just don't know where.  If you can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Within the Developers Portal, go to "Manage My Channels", "Feed URL".  The screen that displays will show you the location of your feed file.  I suspect, since you're using Vimeo, that it may live in Vimeo land somewhere.  If that's the case, you should probably investigate how to remove the video through them.  

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
warrenevans
Channel Surfer

You are right, the URL did point me to the xml file.  It only has data for the five videos I intend to keep and does not include data for the two that I wanted to remove.  My preview looks correct, by the way, and the channel version in the developer portal matches the version on my Roku devices.  Any other ideas? I will look at the Vimeo website as well to see if I can find any clues over there.  Thanks for your help so far - i appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

If you used Vimeo to generate the feed file, you should definitely investigate there.

Additionally, you may want to browse this forum for posts related to problems other channel developers have had using Vimeo as a video host.

0 Kudos