Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freetochoose
Streaming Star

How do I get my test channel to refresh?

Jump to solution

It has only refreshed what seems like a couple times today. Not sure if I'm supposed to do something after I make a change other than updating the URL and refreshing the feed.

Sorry I'm new to DP. Built previous channels with SDK.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: How do I get my test channel to refresh?

Jump to solution

In the past, changes to test channels would take effect immediately. However, Roku has changed the process of ingesting changes to test channels. It now takes up to 6+ hours for changes to take effect.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

In the past, changes to test channels would take effect immediately. However, Roku has changed the process of ingesting changes to test channels. It now takes up to 6+ hours for changes to take effect.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.

Jump to solution

That is absolutely ridiculous.  How is anyone supposed to test changes to a channel when you have to wait 6+ hours to see if the change you're making actually will work or not?  Seriously, Roku, provide better dev options/tooling.

jzachary
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Ah, that makes sense, I keep making new versions to preview and they all look like the oldest version no matter what I change. Very frustrating. 

In the web admin my preview screenshot looks correct, but the channel is entirely different loaded on the Roku. 

lisaball
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

very frustrating. It takes 4 days to see the changes after publishing and more than 6 hours to see changes on unpublished. How are we supposed to get any work done and keep clients happy?

0 Kudos