Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigmike100
Visitor

Direct Publisher update blackout?

I am trying to update an SDK public channel today 12-15-17 and am getting an error. All check marks are green, and JSON code checks good. Test channel works. No red marks anywhere, except after I hit the update button. Says an error with your Channel, try again or contact technical support.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
revadb
Visitor

Re: Direct Publisher update blackout?

I have this same problem, how did you resolve it?
0 Kudos
bigmike100
Visitor

I haven't resolved it yet. I opened up a support ticket. Roku said it might be their dashboard having issues. Requested screenshots, which I sent. That was about 4 hours ago. Glad to hear I am not the only one. It was working fine yesterday.
0 Kudos
bigmike100
Visitor

Day two, and no further replies from Roku support. I did try to upgrade another simple channel that was already in the public channel store. Again, same issue. It immediately tells me there was an error, contact tech support. The JSON file for this channel is so short, so I'm 99% sure there is a problem at Roku. So my initial question was and still is, due to holiday break, has ROKU discontinued all channel updates until 01/03/18 including updates on pre-published channels? Anyone else experiencing this same problem?  Thanks folks!
0 Kudos
mkammes
Roku Guru

I'm running into this, too.

Making updates to an unpublished Direct Publisher channel, and although I can see the updates in in Preview pane (sort of, it's always been wonky) on the dev site,  the channel, is not updating ... it usually happens almost instantly.
0 Kudos
donp88
Channel Surfer

Just updated the JSON feed on my Direct Publisher channel and had no problems.
0 Kudos
mkammes
Roku Guru

Is your channel published or unpublished?

Mine is unpublished.  I can refresh the feed status manually, and I can see the changes in the Preview pane on the dev site, but the channel doesn't update.  I'm using SON, too.  So, this tells me the hangup is between the roku servers and my roku unit....which is why I presume Roku says to allow for 24 hours.

Also, FWIW, Roku 3, SW Version 8.0.0 Build 4143

Update: It's updating now.
0 Kudos
bigmike100
Visitor

I can see the JSON feed update instantly on my test channel through the Roku player. Go to Settings - System - Check for Updates - Update your software. It will load your new JSON code so you can view it on your Roku box. If you do not see the change, reboot your Roku box. If the change is still not visible, uninstall your test channel, and reinstall it from the developer page. You will see the changes to your JSON code. There is no need to wait 24 hours. I can do all of this successfully. However, when I click on that blue update button, it immediately prints a red error message on the page.
0 Kudos
bigmike100
Visitor

Email from Roku support this afternoon indicates that they are aware of their problem.
0 Kudos
bigmike100
Visitor

Was able to successfully update / publish my existing Roku channels that were developed on ITV SDK to Direct Publisher. Problem appears to be resolved.
0 Kudos