Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hotwebideas
Channel Surfer

Direct Publisher not showing new videos after 2 days

This has happened on 3 of my channels. On one channel, I added 5 videos and only see one. On another, I added 30 videos and only see 3. I do a system update 3 times and also deleted the channel and re-added it without luck. Does anyone know how to solve this?

I also changed the feed URL and refreshed it inside the developer window, but no luck.

Thank you,
Bruce
WordPress Interface to Manage Roku Direct Publisher
TVChannelPress.com
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: Direct Publisher not showing new videos after 2 days

i am not aware of an outage but please email our support, partnerSuccess at roku.com for help
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I've seen this happen as a result of a category/tag error. You should take a closer look at how you've specified your categories and how each video fits into those categories.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

I don't show any errors in my json feed which has categories in the feed. I added new video last week but its not showing up yet. 

How long is it suppose to take before it gets updated? I added new content to my json on my server and I see that's all I can do for a published channel...just wait for ROKU to ingest it, correct?
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Yes, and, no. If your server uses caching like Amazon S3 with CloudFront, you can rename your feed file each time. That will force Roku and your server to load the feed file without a delay. It's equivalent to publishing your channel each time you make a change to your feed.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

"Baradanikto" wrote:
Yes, and, no. If your server uses caching like Amazon S3 with CloudFront, you can rename your feed file each time. That will force Roku and your server to load the feed file without a delay. It's equivalent to publishing your channel each time you make a change to your feed.

Not long after what I typed below was posted, our feed was ingested and the videos are showing now. But I thank you for the tip.

That is very interesting. I do use Amazon S3. So to make sure I understand...
1. change the name of my json feed
2.go the channel preview / update  page
3. choose feed url
4. paste in the feed using a different name
5. and save the new feed
6. update
is this correct?
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Not quite. I'd make a copy of the existing feed and rename it. Then, make changes in the new feed and upload it. I'd then go to the Roku developer portal and change the name of the feed to the new feed.
0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

Thank you. Good idea. I do have a backup copy that I use for testing, also. Always good to have those backup copies. Thanks much.
0 Kudos
hotwebideas
Channel Surfer

Thanks, also, I have to add that I found out that you need to click the Update button or it will not show the new videos, so like the Roku rep suggested you need to do 2 things:
1. Rename your feed to force it to retrieve the new data
2. Press Update.

Thank you to all who responded.

Bruce
WordPress Interface to Manage Roku Direct Publisher
TVChannelPress.com
0 Kudos