Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

Credits in Direct Publisher

I'm trying to get credits working, but it doesn't show up anywhere in the app or the preview.   I've tried a few different approaches and none have worked.   From my feed:
"credit":[{  
            "name":"Jane Doe",
            "role":"host",
            "birthDate":"2014-01-15"
         }]

Does anyone have a working example?
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Credits in Direct Publisher

Yup, same problem here.  I've tried it on Movies and Series with no luck.  Very strange since it appears on Roku's Channel.  Must be some subtle difference or a hack that Roku uses.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
rovidx_media
Roku Guru

It would be really great if RokuCo could release a sample feed with all the objects in place.   Might make it easier for us to figure out the ropes of DP.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

They have, to some degree. It's in their JSON spec. I think it's more likely that the DP portal or the firmware on the box has a bug. At times, I get the feeling that Roku is using us to test the DP portal. In some ways, the whole thing doesn't seem like it was fully tested.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos