Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
USWEEDCHANNEL
Reel Rookie

Creating BIF's - 10 years and still a mystery?!

ROKU!!!!! Why give us a tool with no directions on how to use it?! #jerky

Holy cow! Somebody please point me in the EASY direction to make BIF files on my MAC. Two days of searching and it seems in ten years nothing is better. 

Any help that is straight-forward and NOT a rabbit hole of programmer jargon would be heavily appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Creating BIF's - 10 years and still a mystery?!

Have you tried the Roku command line tools?

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
USWEEDCHANNEL
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your reply. Totally appreciate it.
The line Tools are where I get stuck as there are no step-by-step instructions. I see the example, but have no idea what to do with it. I'll check to see if I can run the windows program on my mac and update the thread as we go. 🙂

Thanks again,

Shane

0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

If you can run a windows virtual box on your Mac, take a look at the BIF maker tool at the site in my signature below.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos