Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsajason

Combining live feed and vimeo showcase help

Newbie here!  Be gentle!  

Previously, we used StreamSpot for our church's live stream.  They created the Roku channel for us and updated the feed automatically each week with the latest content.  I recently switched to "Living as One" as my live stream host for a more reliable stream.  I had the Roku channel transferred to me and I managed to figure out the json file enough to add my latest videos from Vimeo (where we host and archive), as well as the HLS live feed from LA1 (living as one).  My question is, is there a way to automate this?  I can have a feed from Vimeo from the showcase generate automatically but... I need the Live feed from LA1 inserted as well... Is there a service or an easy way to do this other than editing the json file each week myself?

Thank you in advance!!   Sorry if this has been discussed, I searched for it!!  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Combining live feed and vimeo showcase help

To add to what's been already stated, you could, with some web programming, write some code that would detect the presence of a newly uploaded video file and update your feed file accordingly.  There is no automated process to do this.  You'd have to write code (depending on your webserver) to automate the process.  It can be done, but, you should not attempt it if you do not have experience coding web apps.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
robbless
Channel Surfer

Re: Combining live feed and vimeo showcase help

Yes, there is a service that automatically puts your live stream (from living as one or any other live stream provider) and Vimeo into one json feed for Roku and updates the feed every 24 hours.

It's called Tappla and costs $ 24 / month. It syncs with Vimeo via their API every 12-24 hours to add new videos from Vimeo to your feed. You can define what Vimeo videos, showcases, playlists should be synced and added to the feed. 

For the live stream, you simply copy and paste the HLS streaming URL into your Tappla dashboard.  

If you have more questions or need help, just send me a message (I'm one of the founders of Tappla).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos