Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Channel No Longer Loads Correctly

Good day everyone. We have had this same problem going on several days. One thing we did was to implement the "ratings" object per the Roku spec and marking all videos as UNRATED. Per the spec, when videos are marked as UNRATED, the ratings source filed is not required.

This fix has had some success for us with the channel returning in partial capacity (about a third of the videos). 

Then on the update this afternoon, The Roku feed broke with the following error: "Required rating source is missing or invalid."

So, we have now implemented the ratings source along with the UNRATED hardcoded. This is the spec: https://developer.roku.com/es-ar/docs/specs/direct-publisher-feed-specs/json-dp-spec.md#rating

All that said, we have built an SDK and are also in progress of migrating all of our channels. If anyone would like to have their channel migrated, please get in touch. We offer the full video management backend and Roku SDK template.

Sean@rhebus.works

0 Kudos
HDRomper
Channel Surfer

Thanks for working on it!

0 Kudos
derekwongmi
Channel Surfer

My channels are back, for now, how about the rest of you guys?

0 Kudos
podworx
Streaming Star

My channels are loading (which at first was great) but the videos are not playing. 

0 Kudos
HDRomper
Channel Surfer

My channels are back and the videos are playing. Thankful that Roku decided to keep to the Jan 24 sunset date instead of stranding us while we are learning/trying to migrate. You may need to reload your channel (remove it from your menu and then add it back).
0 Kudos
adamesq
Streaming Star

Resumed working here as well. I would have liked to see some communication from Roku regarding this matter. May have saved me 12 hours scrambling!