Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Cannot upload package on Channel converted to SDK?

Jump to solution

While trying to convert a DP channel to SDK I click to convert and was lucky for one of my channels to convert.

I went over all required info and when I got to the part to upload a package I got an error that I could not upload a package. But the status says I converted and its published!

Anyone else expeirence this issue?

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot upload package on Channel converted to SDK?

Jump to solution

All my channels are published SDK now
They had a bug in the system and corrected!

The loom video showing the errors is what worked for me to get this issue corrected!

OnDemandTV

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
uctv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I created a beta channel to rebuild my current DP channel but it wont even load a thumbnail pic. Cant upload package or anything else. ROKU has really opened up a can of worms with abandoning Direct Publisher Channels

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

UPdate: I finally was able to upload the sdk pakage and now can test it! I had to wait a few days almost a week. I did send partner success an email but never got a response and maybe they seen it and checked it!

OnDemandTV
0 Kudos
Viliamoo1

Jump to solution

However, if you are facing a problem while trying to upload a package after converting a DP channel to SDK, it's essential to follow these general troubleshooting steps:

1. Check Documentation: Review the platform's documentation or support resources to ensure you are following the correct steps for converting channels to SDK and uploading packages.

2. Contact Support: If you encounter an error or issue during the process, reach out to the platform's support team. They can provide you with more specific assistance and help resolve any technical problems you may be facing.

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I contacted support! Sent an email to Roku Partner success  with a Loom video showing my error message and they found a bug in the system that showed my channels as published but the bug was that they were not published so the system would not take the package file upload!

Roku Partner Success

Hi there,

Thank you for the videos! This was super helpful. We do see that the channels are in publishing status on our end which seem to be a bug. 

Since we do not publish on Fridays, we can published all three channel updates on Monday so you can start the channel conversion process. 

I will update this thread once the channel updates are published.

Best,

Jen | Partner Success Manager 

OnDemandTV
0 Kudos
uctv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did finally get my problem resolved. I got all my channels converted but what ROKU has done to the current DP channel partners is just downright terrible.

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yeah I get it! I finally got my DP channels published because The system would not allow me to convert them! Now I can start the conversion process!

OnDemandTV
0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

All my channels are published SDK now
They had a bug in the system and corrected!

The loom video showing the errors is what worked for me to get this issue corrected!

OnDemandTV
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.