Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freetochoose
Streaming Star

Can I remove the search button from my DP channel since it doesn't seem to work?

the search button automatically shows up on my DP channel but it does not work. I wouldn't mind it there if it did work, but since it doesn't, I would like to remove it from my channel. Does anyone know how to do this?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Can I remove the search button from my DP channel since it doesn't seem to work?

I have two channels.  One is built using a JSON feed and it does not show a search button.  The other is built using an XML feed and it does show the search button.  The search works correctly using the XML feed.  It's my understanding that you need an XML feed to support the Search function.  If you are using an XML feed, you should contact Partner Success.  Otherwise, this may yet be another DP bug.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
freetochoose
Streaming Star

Re: Can I remove the search button from my DP channel since it doesn't seem to work?

my channel is a json file. My videos were too long to use a xml file from what I understand. I would rather have used an xml feed. I feel like I would have had more freedom. My json feed is up to over 6000 lines of code and a pain in the **bleep** sometimes

0 Kudos
freetochoose
Streaming Star

yes. Have been working on it for the past couple months. Just finished up my code this morning and am ready to go live but search is not working.

0 Kudos
freetochoose
Streaming Star

I sent an email this morning but was hoping for a quick fix from someone in the community. They can take a while to respond sometimes

0 Kudos
freetochoose
Streaming Star

that's what I figured.... I was just praying that there was some sort of hidden setting somewhere

0 Kudos