Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ggirl
Visitor

Audio Plays but Video Doesn't On My Test Channel

I have created a channel as a Direct Publisher. My channel set-up is complete and I generated and uploaded the feed url using the Instant TV site. When I loaded the channel onto the Roku device and brought it up on my HD-TV (and clicked on one of the movies or tv shows that's on the Channel), I can hear the audio of the entire program but I do not see the video!! Can someone please help as to what can be the problem? I have re-uploaded and refreshed the feed url and the channel set up as well as performed the Roku system update over and over again, but the video still is not seen! I only hear the audio of each program!! Please help!!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Audio Plays but Video Doesn't On My Test Channel

Does the video play if you load its url in a browser?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
OddScott
Roku Guru

Re: Audio Plays but Video Doesn't On My Test Channel

Ggirl -

If you email me at "help@InstantTvChannel.com" I can probably help you out. Please include the problem stream URL. Without being able to test your stream, my best guess is that there's something amiss with the video encoding that is confusing the Roku device. Off the top of my head I cannot think of any settings in the Direct Publisher mode of Instant TV Channel that would keep the audio but drop out the video.
www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos