Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottG8109

Spectrum App on Roku devices what happened

What happened to the Spectrum App?! Having this app on Roku was the primary reason I bought a Roku so I could access my Spectrum subscription on the multiple  Roku devices I have. This is very disappointing you have let your customers down.☹️☹️☹️

5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum App on Roku devices what happened

Yes, it is unfortunate that Spectrum no longer contracts with Roku to carry the app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

ShellyRH

Very frustrating! I bought all new Roku sticks and a Roku Tv to stream spectrum. Not happy at all. Is this an indefinite problem? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Nobody knows. Well, those that know don't say. And very few know how negotiations are going.

It could resolve tomorrow, or it may never resolve.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
kandk

I was told by a spectrum customer service rep they could walk me through putting it back on my device. Try calling the spectrum people. Best of luck!

0 Kudos
atc98092

@kandk wrote:

I was told by a spectrum customer service rep they could walk me through putting it back on my device. Try calling the spectrum people. Best of luck!

Spectrum will only provide you with the private channel code if you had the Spectrum channel on a Roku device on this Roku user account prior to the end of the service contract. That means if you did not have the Spectrum app on a Roku device prior to mid December of last year, you will not be allowed to install the app now. This has been a well publicized issue since last December. If someone (Spectrum or a store selling Roku) told you that it was an available channel since then, they did not provide you with accurate information. I'm not saying they lied, as they might not have heard about it either. Although if someone at Spectrum is providing inaccurate info, that is on them.

Will it ever return? We users have no way of knowing until it happens. They might be ready to announce it, and they might not even be discussing it any longer. I will point out that it is a benefit to Spectrum to not have an app on 3rd party devices, all the better to rent you a cable box.

Right now, you can only get the Spectrum app on Samsung TVs, XBox One players, Apple TV, Chromecast, and Android phones and tablets. Note that Android streaming players, such as the Fire TV and Nvidia Shield do NOT have the Spectrum TV app, and sideloading the APK does not work. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos