Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thrawn4000
Level 8

Question about app settings on Roku Ultra when either resetting current device or buying new device

I have a general question about the app settings on my Roku Ultra and Roku devices in general when either resetting the existing device to factory settings to start fresh or when buying a new Roku device.  I made some changes to my Roku account on the Roku web site to update my account information and personalized some settings.  I also did some customized settings on the apps on my Roku Ultra device such as YouTube, Disney+, and HBO Max.   I have decided that I would like to start fresh with my Roku Ultra device at some point in the near future by either resetting it back to factory settings and re-inserting my Roku account information at the setup process or when I replace it.

My question is if I either reset my existing Roku device to factory settings or buy a new Roku device and complete the setup process, will the apps like the ones I just mentioned also return to their factory settings after I setup and register my Roku device and log in to the apps with my streaming accounts?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Question about app settings on Roku Ultra when either resetting current device or buying new dev

Yes - though some apps/services that utilize SSO (Single Sign On) may already be authenticated/activated/signed in, but you otherwise will have to change other settings again (such settings are per device/install).