Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
movingtarget
Level 7

roGridScreen alignment

I'm using the roGridScreen, and I would like to have the selector be positioned not in the center but in the most left column. How can I do that? I couldn't find anything in the SDK documentation, but I've seen apps that do that (Amazon Prime for example...)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
TheEndless
Level 9

Re: roGridScreen alignment

The only grid styles that allow for that are "two-row-flat-landscape-custom", "mixed-aspect-ratio", and "four-column-flat-landscape".
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
movingtarget
Level 7

"TheEndless" wrote:
The only grid styles that allow for that are "two-row-flat-landscape-custom", "mixed-aspect-ratio", and "four-column-flat-landscape".

Thanks! I'm using "mixed-aspect-ration", but the selector is still in the center... What do I need to do to move it to the left?
0 Kudos
movingtarget
Level 7

In fact I tried all the options that are listed in the ifGridScreen description, and I noticed no visible change on the screen.... What am I doing wrong here?

grid = CreateObject("roGridScreen")
grid.SetupLists(titles.Count())
grid.SetListNames(titles)
grid.SetDescriptionVisible(true)
grid.SetDisplayMode("zoom-to-fill")
grid.SetGridStyle("mixed-aspect-ratio")
grid.SetMessagePort(port)
grid.SetFocusedListItem(row, col)
grid.Show()
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

You need to call SetGridStyle() before SetupLists()
0 Kudos
movingtarget
Level 7

"RokuChris" wrote:
You need to call SetGridStyle() before SetupLists()

That's these subtle things....

Thanks, works!
0 Kudos