Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
movingtarget
Visitor

roGridScreen alignment

I'm using the roGridScreen, and I would like to have the selector be positioned not in the center but in the most left column. How can I do that? I couldn't find anything in the SDK documentation, but I've seen apps that do that (Amazon Prime for example...)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: roGridScreen alignment

The only grid styles that allow for that are "two-row-flat-landscape-custom", "mixed-aspect-ratio", and "four-column-flat-landscape".
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
movingtarget
Visitor

"TheEndless" wrote:
The only grid styles that allow for that are "two-row-flat-landscape-custom", "mixed-aspect-ratio", and "four-column-flat-landscape".

Thanks! I'm using "mixed-aspect-ration", but the selector is still in the center... What do I need to do to move it to the left?
0 Kudos
movingtarget
Visitor

In fact I tried all the options that are listed in the ifGridScreen description, and I noticed no visible change on the screen.... What am I doing wrong here?

grid = CreateObject("roGridScreen")
grid.SetupLists(titles.Count())
grid.SetListNames(titles)
grid.SetDescriptionVisible(true)
grid.SetDisplayMode("zoom-to-fill")
grid.SetGridStyle("mixed-aspect-ratio")
grid.SetMessagePort(port)
grid.SetFocusedListItem(row, col)
grid.Show()
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

You need to call SetGridStyle() before SetupLists()
0 Kudos
movingtarget
Visitor

"RokuChris" wrote:
You need to call SetGridStyle() before SetupLists()

That's these subtle things....

Thanks, works!
0 Kudos