Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhindman
Visitor

respective models

I have the HDXR and the model is N1101, but what are the respective models for the Roku SD and Roku HD boxes?

-brian
www.sunimi.com
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
bhindman
Visitor

Re: respective models

I think I found the answer but want to confirm

Roku SD = N1000
Roku HD = N1100
Roku HDXR = N1101

Are these correct and will all boxes respond with these values when using GetModel()?
www.sunimi.com
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

N1050 = SD
N1000 or N1100 = HD
N1101 = XR
0 Kudos
bhindman
Visitor

thank you!
www.sunimi.com
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Roku Guru

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but are there any ROM differences between the N1000 and the N1100? I am able to add channels on my N1100 but hit a limit with my N1000. I assume the N1100 has more ROM..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

"jeffrok" wrote:
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but are there any ROM differences between the N1000 and the N1100? I am able to add channels on my N1100 but hit a limit with my N1000. I assume the N1100 has more ROM..

You mean RAM, since you can't write to ROM.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

"destruk" wrote:
"jeffrok" wrote:

The XR and XDS models do have more Non-volatile flash storage, and hence can handle more channels.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Roku Guru

"destruk" wrote:
"jeffrok" wrote:

Sorry yes.. I meant RAM. :oops: But kind of didn't.. I don't know what devices like the Roku use to store channel info, but I always thought it was some sort of flash media (like what flash drives, solid state drives(I think), etc, use).. I'm swimming with sharks here in the SDK forum, not a developer, but like to read the types of posts here.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos