Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpjamloki
Visitor

remove a particular bitmap in roScreen without clear screen

Is it possible to remove a particular bitmap(image in fixed position) in roScreen? on key event without clearing whole screen like in Imagecanvas as remove a particular layer.

for this i am clearing whole screen and then redrawing all bitmap in there fixed position. it takes a long process.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
rarebrds
Channel Surfer

Re: remove a particular bitmap in roScreen without clear scr

I don't think this is possible, the screen needs to be redrawn each time on each frame update. If you don't clear the screen, it will continually stack items. What do you mean by a long process? Is there noticeable delay between the updates? How many objects are you sending to the screen? I've seen slowdown around ~50 objects with the streaming stick. I've not encountered any slowdown with the Roku 3 though.
0 Kudos
NewManLiving
Visitor

Re: remove a particular bitmap in roScreen without clear scr

You can use a compositor with sprites to emulate the functionality of an imagecanvas. However, rarebrds is correct in asking why is it taking so long. Are you recreating the bitmaps each time, do you have to download them each time ???
My Channels: 2D API Framework Presentation: https://owner.roku.com/add/2M9LCVC
Updated: 11-11-2015 - Completed Keyboard interface
The Joel Channel ( Final Beta )
0 Kudos