Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walosh
Visitor

private channels - developer examples?

Do the examples in the SDK exist anywhere as private channels? Or do I have to set each one up as a local channel to see what they do?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
destruk
Streaming Star

Re: private channels - developer examples?

The NASA live streaming channel is in the channel store. The others you'd need to load as a dev channel.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

You have to "sideload" each example locally to a Roku. And btw ~4 of the examples are broken.
0 Kudos
walosh
Visitor

Thanks. I thought this might be the case. I was assuming someone at Roku keeps up with the examples, tests them and hoped they may take the suggestion about posting the working examples on channels for potential developers. Hint hint. The less process overhead to grok cause an effect, the easier to stay focused on core code concepts.

Which four are broken? It helps to know that too.
0 Kudos
bandal
Visitor

Awhile back I read that RokuJoel was hired to maintain examples and correct mistakes and add more, but still waiting for that to happen. We need better and complete examples.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.