Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

Re: issues with buttons on regScreen

the issues i have been having seem to be by trying from slowing this down to test the buttons, i made it worse.

I had tried many different things like changing the duration and even adding a sleep. all just messed up something else.

My lack of understanding that the sleep would cause to break this may have been part of the problem, i thought it would only give me a few seconds to check the buttons.

of course this i tried the last time when i posted that i had tried it, i had not before that point tried it.

I think its way too easy to take things out of context in forums and people many times wrongly assume peoples intentions or "attitude" when they read. and this is not worth arguing over cause it happens everyday on the internet in almost every forum and blog etc.

I never meant to sound rude in any way, i just thought i was being misunderstood and that was not being clear. i know my form of talking or typing is not the same as the next guys. and in fact i thought it was all me, and wasnt getting my point
across clearly.

But clearly you can not take a forum so personal, and try to understand that this is not as easy for the rest of us, as it is for the select few who understand it so easily. this is a help forum, we come here cause we don't understand something bottom line. please take that into consideration as well

I am sorry Chris if you took this as personal as others may have, and all i can do is say i am sorry.

but you know not everyone that comes to a help forum understands things just as is or by reading it first time, or even the 10th time. if you haven't noticed, posters come and go pretty quick around here. I am not sure why but i know for me its easier to see code and see what its doing, and i am sure i am not the only one. so it is ok to show code sometimes 😉

BUT thank you for your help and yours too endless.

and I do not want you endless to take this the wrong way. but the solutions you gave did not seem to work, but maybe not because of your solution but more because as i said i was using the "register example" as is , well this pointed to the roku xml pages that always came back success and gave the token so it went straight to the congratulations pretty much.

the only way i could stop it long enough to test the buttons was to comment out the " showCongratulationsScreen() "

again don't take this wrong, i think your solution would work if it was a issue with the xml. but the xml was coming back success so it just went on with the congratulation screen as i had said it been doing

with that being said, i was able to test the buttons this way, and yes i was able to get them to work.

so Chris if your not too angry with me, can you tell me how you were testing it and didnt have the issue of going straight to the congrats screen? because if you load as is, it did all this automatically when i loaded it. and thus giving me all these issues.
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: issues with buttons on regScreen

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
and I do not want you endless to take this the wrong way. but the solutions you gave did not seem to work, but maybe not because of your solution but more because as i said i was using the "register example" as is , well this pointed to the roku xml pages that always came back success and gave the token so it went straight to the congratulations pretty much.

the only way i could stop it long enough to test the buttons was to comment out the " showCongratulationsScreen() "

again don't take this wrong, i think your solution would work if it was a issue with the xml. but the xml was coming back success so it just went on with the congratulation screen as i had said it been doing

No reason for me to take that the wrong way. I didn't build the project to test it, so I was going based on stepping through the code in Notepad (hence the misdirected suggestion the first time). Even though that particular line of code wasn't what ultimately got you there, it sounds like my explanation at least pointed you to it being the XML response that was the culprit. That's all part of debugging... and now you have a better understanding of how the code actually works, so you'll be able to better pinpoint issues in the future. So, let's pretend like I strategically gave you the wrong answer, so you'd find the right answer on your own... 😉
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos