Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcoding
Visitor

delete Overhang for roTextScreen or roListScreen

Hi Guys,
I there any way that I can completely remove the overhang part of the screens. For example, in roListScreen I want the part where I can see the contents and scroll through them. Similarly, in roTextScreen I want the part where I will only have the part of the screen which displays the text/body.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
NewManLiving
Visitor

Re: delete Overhang for roTextScreen or roListScreen

In one of my applications my client wanted a 2d custom interface but to be able to use rovideoscreen
To do this I needed to create a facade using a paragraph screen to prevent the channel from closing when I invalidated the roscreen. In order to get rid of the default overhang I just made an overhang the same color as the background Of the screen. So even though there is still an overhang it is not noticeable
My Channels: 2D API Framework Presentation: https://owner.roku.com/add/2M9LCVC
Updated: 11-11-2015 - Completed Keyboard interface
The Joel Channel ( Final Beta )
0 Kudos
bcoding
Visitor

"NewManLiving" wrote:
In one of my applications my client wanted a 2d custom interface but to be able to use rovideoscreen
To do this I needed to create a facade using a paragraph screen to prevent the channel from closing when I invalidated the roscreen. In order to get rid of the default overhang I just made an overhang the same color as the background Of the screen. So even though there is still an overhang it is not noticeable

Thank you for the input. In my case, I have to use a background image which has multiple colors so, is there any property of overhang that I can use to make it transparent so that the background image underneath is visible.
0 Kudos
NewManLiving
Visitor

Being a strictly 2d programmer I can only guess. But perhaps you can create a transparent bitmap the size of the overhang and set that .png as the overhang. Not sure how it would be handled though. Depends on how the host screen handles alpha blends. And if I recall correctly ( I did write one component channel) there use to be some kind of horizontal line(s)
That would show depending on the screen color. It was things like that which got me interested in the 2D. Just could not get around those issues
My Channels: 2D API Framework Presentation: https://owner.roku.com/add/2M9LCVC
Updated: 11-11-2015 - Completed Keyboard interface
The Joel Channel ( Final Beta )
0 Kudos
bcoding
Visitor

"NewManLiving" wrote:
Being a strictly 2d programmer I can only guess. But perhaps you can create a transparent bitmap the size of the overhang and set that .png as the overhang. Not sure how it would be handled though. Depends on how the host screen handles alpha blends. And if I recall correctly ( I did write one component channel) there use to be some kind of horizontal line(s)
That would show depending on the screen color. It was things like that which got me interested in the 2D. Just could not get around those issues

Ok I will give it a try. Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos