Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnmarsden
Visitor

When I request partial user data, back button no longer works

In the roChannelStore, when I do getPartialUserData.. the dialog shows up but the back button the remote is no longer effective. The OK + Cancel buttons work, but not my remote's back button.

Is this something I did incorrectly within my build or is this expected behavior for the system?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: When I request partial user data, back button no longer works

You mean that in the modal dialog requesting permissions and having [OK] and [Cancel] buttons, the Back button on the remote "does nothing" (or angrily beeps, whatever) - instead of what you find logical, work as Cancel ?

If that describes your case correct, then it's just a bad/clumsy UX of the component. Nothing you can do, it's for RokuCo to enhance
0 Kudos
johnmarsden
Visitor

Yeah, that sounds like it. So this is the way it works for everyone? I was wondering if something with my message port was messed up or.. a setting was off. 

But to confirm: The back button does not logically work as "Cancel" in the modal dialog requesting user permission intentionally and there's nothing I can do about it?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

The dialogs of roChannelStore are entirely handled by the firmware and you only get the final result - i'd consider this matter of security (so one could not meddle with the purchase process by inserting misleading product naming/pricing). So no, i don't see anything you could've done differently
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I haven't tried it myself, but I'd expect it to act the same for everyone.  I noticed this in this in the "Roku Channel Certification Checklist v2.0":
7.17 - The back button behaves as expected and returns the user to previous screen and/or state

Sounds like a case of do as we say, not as we do.  😄

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos