Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: What's a "No Lanyard"?

"beq" wrote:
... have a lanyard requirement flag for game devs. But I think you said this flag has been deprecated?

Not deprecated - more like hidden behind the scenes.
The flags i inquired about in this thread were available for a while to developers, with no explanation - but seems the Co. have withdrawn them to the back end now. Not all channel properties can be edited (or even seen) directly by the developer - and in the case of this "lanyard" flag they probably felt developer's sound judgement cannot be trusted (i.e. imagine i had created a "Darts" game based on hurling the remote and it were my belief that no lanyard is needed to restrain the motion)
0 Kudos
beq
Channel Surfer

Re: What's a "No Lanyard"?

Oh OK, so the lanyard requirement is hidden again, and I assume it defaults to OFF for all future games? Or will Roku Co make their own determination on a per-submission basis whether they will turn it on? Or perhaps they'll only turn it on for any game dev that makes that request manually?
0 Kudos