Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grumpee
Reel Rookie

Videos immediately quit after playing

Jump to solution

I am using the EpisodesScreen template for my Roku Channel development. I have multiple seasons with episodes. Am using AWS S3 going through a Cloudfront distribution. Everything seems to be fine, except when I attempt to play video content from the third season onward, I get the revolving "loading" circle but the video immediately quits and goes back to the episode detail screen. When I attempt to access those videos directly through my browser using the Cloudfront URL, it plays back fine. So I am able to access them outside of my Roky device/code. Very confused as to why this is happening as the first two seasons work great. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Grumpee
Reel Rookie

Re: Videos immediately quit after playing

Jump to solution

Just discovered that it might have something to do with UHD video versus FHD. Is there a resolution/bandwidth limit in the Roku code?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Grumpee
Reel Rookie

Re: Videos immediately quit after playing

Jump to solution

Just discovered that it might have something to do with UHD video versus FHD. Is there a resolution/bandwidth limit in the Roku code?

0 Kudos