Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgerrish
Visitor

Version 2.8 sighting

I had a connection from version 2.8 connect to my server, is that out yet? Has anyone else seen that?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
kbenson
Visitor

Re: Version 2.8 sighting

"cgerrish" wrote:
I had a connection from version 2.8 connect to my server, is that out yet? Has anyone else seen that?

Not out (yet, AFAIK), and anyone in the beta program is under NDA. It's probably not out of the question to see the occasional beta user in the logs. They are probably power users and have lots of channels instaleld, and are surely expected to try all the channels they do have installed.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Well, if they are, here's my v.2.8 wishlist:

Allow negative numbers for Posterscreen art X & Y so one can position something partially off the screen to the left

Instantly update theme as soon as the values change, or provide something like screen.update() or theme.update()
How about allowing an x & y posterscreen image size control while we are at it...

Audioplayer.GetCurrentUrl()
Audioplayer.GetCurrentPlayTimeRemaining()

hmm. that would be all for now 🙂
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

At any given time, there may be a couple of versions in internal or external beta.
0 Kudos
dclark61
Visitor

Patrick;

Any possibility of support for live streaming WMA in the near future?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

"dclark61" wrote:
Patrick;

Any possibility of support for live streaming WMA in the near future?

Thanks.

I think you're the one person that's asked for it, so it's extraordinarily unlikely. What content is it you were looking at?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"RokuPatrick" wrote:
I think you're the one person that's asked for it, so it's extraordinarily unlikely. What content is it you were looking at?

I would beg to differ on that... 😉 I even sent sample streams a few months back.
My Sirius|XM channel would benefit tremendously from native WMA stream support.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

Sorry, I read that as WMV, not wma. So, less unlikely, but not in the immediate near future.
0 Kudos