Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
downinit
Channel Surfer

Targeting percentage of users by Roku OS version, country

Does Roku have an analytics dashboard of userbase/OS percentages?

I want to decide which features are worth using. How many users, for example, would I sacrifice by adding StandardDialog Nodes only available in OS 11.0? What about OS 11.5 features? What about just in the US or other English-dominant places? I have to assume it cuts off a lot. I searched a bit. Apologies if I didn't catch this info. I saw one other post asking in 2012. If not, I'd appreciate even a ballpark estimate for point # 1. Thanks! ‌‌🙂👍

Charts:

1. User % by minimum OS, general
2. User % by minimum OS, by countries
3. Ideally including estimated number of users per group, not just percentage
4. Any other useful data?
5. Way to set a target in manifest, then compilation flagging code not supported; or even a statement  revealing the minimum OS required by the code I'm using

Google is a good example. They give breakdowns for choosing which Android SDK to target. They show a chart in Android Studio, on project creation, and have a granular targeting Distribution dashboard, besides sites that estimate like https://apilevels.com e.g. Android 5.0+ = 99.4% of users worldwide now.

0 Kudos