Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Updating to fw v7.5

Has anyone successfully updated to the v7.5 firmware within the last week or so? I thought I jumped through the proper hoops and my Roku 3 says the update is available, but when I try to update it never gets above 0% progress and I get either a "check you network" or "the server is unavailable" error message. I thought maybe it had something to do with the multiple reports of users being unable to activate new units, but perhaps the update is no longer available?

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Updating to fw v7.5

Ah? Is 7.5 rolling out? I thought it's in closed beta.

Regardless, earlier i spotted another complaint about the Roku cloud - viewtopic.php?f=34&t=97053 - perhaps it was cloudy, with a chance of outage?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

No, I don't think it's rolling out. I filled out the survey or sent a PM or whatever it was to be included in the v7.5 beta a couple of weeks ago, but my Roku 3 never updated on its own. Checking for the update shows that v7.5 is available, but it just won't download. I may have waited too long to attempt the update and the beta period is over? That's why I was wondering if anyone successfully updated in the last week or so.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Yes, mine has received new build this week.
PM RokuTomC, he should be able to help.
Also, you should be able to login to the CenterCode URL mentioned in the announcement.
0 Kudos