Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: USB - YES!

"servo" wrote:
will there be access to network shares?

No, this SDK release does not include LAN media playback functionality (eg SMB/CIFS or UPnP/DLNA)
0 Kudos
buaboo
Visitor

Are there plans on providing this functionality?

"RokuPatrick" wrote:
"servo" wrote:

No, this SDK release does not include LAN media playback functionality (eg SMB/CIFS or UPnP/DLNA)
0 Kudos
kistler82
Visitor

I think I read that Roku was not allowed (legally) to provide external access to a file system local to the Roku, something about being able to record streaming media (probably from netflix and Amazon). personally i hope this isn't the case.. Is there any one that can confirm or dispute this?

"buaboo" wrote:

"RokuPatrick" wrote:
"servo" wrote:

0 Kudos
satmandu
Visitor

"RokuPatrick" wrote:
Sorry, somehow the links got dropped in the process of sending out the emails. The SRT link was about the format itself: http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs ... s/srt.html

Enabling SRT subtitles is as simple as adding a field in the content metadata that includes a link to the file.

Does SRT support also possibly imply support for Matroska containered files?
0 Kudos
dellsweig
Visitor

"RokuPatrick" wrote:
"servo" wrote:

Is this functionality planned??
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

"satmandu" wrote:
"RokuPatrick" wrote:
Sorry, somehow the links got dropped in the process of sending out the emails. The SRT link was about the format itself: http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs ... s/srt.html

Enabling SRT subtitles is as simple as adding a field in the content metadata that includes a link to the file.

Not at this time --no MKV containers and external SRTs only. Though we do know MKV support is desired.
0 Kudos
satmandu
Visitor

"RokuPatrick" wrote:
"satmandu" wrote:
"RokuPatrick" wrote:

Not at this time --no MKV containers and external SRTs only. Though we do know MKV support is desired.

Thanks Patrick.
0 Kudos
dcrawkstar
Visitor

ummm i hate to burst bubbles, but a USB is a local file system. just sayin...

"kistler82" wrote:
I think I read that Roku was not allowed (legally) to provide external access to a file system local to the Roku, something about being able to record streaming media (probably from netflix and Amazon). personally i hope this isn't the case.. Is there any one that can confirm or dispute this?

"buaboo" wrote:

0 Kudos