Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
accessfletch
Visitor

Two Questions re: "Come Back Later" message, Vimeo redirects

Hello gang. Inexperienced coder, but wondering if someone can point me in the right directions with two issues I'm having:

1. We stream live on Sunday mornings (HLS of the live stream looked great today!), but the other 6-1/2 days of the week that there's no stream going out, is there a sort of "Come Back Later" message I can put up, either graphically (ideally) or with a message box indicating viewers to come back when the stream is live?

2. For folks that are using Vimeo as their CDN for on-demand viewing: I'm aware of the redirect issue, and have read Vimeo's Roku Q&A (https://vimeo.com/forums/topic:101811). My problem is understanding the directive to "call the player redirect link [the given MP4/HLS link in the Video File] and then feed the generated source link [redirected/tokenized link] to the player". Any ideas?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
accessfletch
Visitor

Re: Two Questions re: "Come Back Later" message, Vimeo redir

"bump" to see if anyone can shed light on either question...
0 Kudos
accessfletch
Visitor

Another "bump" to request help, particularly on the Vimeo redirect question: How do I process the custom Vimeo URLs (i.e. https://player.vimeo.com/video/[video number string] that would be listed in an RSS file) to then receive the redirected/tokenized URL that a Roku can play?
0 Kudos
rjdjohnston
Binge Watcher

bump - anyone solve?
My channels: Amiri King, Donnie Baker, Worldview Weekend - Twitter @rjdjohnston
0 Kudos
accessfletch
Visitor

"rjdjohnston" wrote:
bump - anyone solve?

Thanks for checking in.

Clearly, plenty have solved; it's just that the Venn diagram of People Who Can/Have Solved and People Reading the Forums isn't exactly intersecting.
0 Kudos