Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ionatan
Roku Guru

Third-party subscription

Hello,

I have some concerns about Third-party subscriptions and new certification request from roku https://developer.roku.com/develop/chan ... 2purchases:

"2.2 All authenticated transactional (SVOD, TVOD) channels must provide a way to sign-up, upgrade, downgrade and sign-in to an account on the device itself and not require visiting an external web page to complete these functions. (Required after March 31, 2019)"

If sign-up will be done inside Channel then I assume that the user will need also to make a purchase from inside the Channel once that sign-up is done.
Are third-party payments allowed inside Channels?
Is there any "credit card" keyboard built in order to be used for payments inside Channels?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Third-party subscription

If you are using Roku Billing this shouldn't be a problem.  Since Roku Billing is required for certification for us everyday low-level programmers.  You use the Roku account, the firmware displays anything you need, and they sign up.  Then you can send what little data you want to your own server for tracking.
0 Kudos
ionatan
Roku Guru

Thanks for your answer.
My concern is for the case when payment has to be done through third-party platform. Is that possible?
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

You would need to talk to your Roku account rep to see if you can get a waiver - they do want all apps to use Roku Billing if at all possible but some channels still use third party services with roku's explicit permission.
0 Kudos
ionatan
Roku Guru

Thank you for your answer.
0 Kudos