Starting last week (around the 11th) my roku started to refuse loading my channel that I had published (although it was still fine when sideloaded). At first I had thought it was a problem with my channel, my account, or my device...but one of my friends experienced the same issue so I'm wondering if other's in the developer community are able to reproduce the issue.
From what I can tell, this behavior is the same if it's a private channel or a public channel. What's important is how the channel was added. If I add via the webpage, I cannot reload channels that have been installed and deleted once.
For example, the same problem occurs with the disney channel https://owner.roku.com/add/disney
; but if I use the channel store instead of the URL I can add and delete as many times as I want. Obviously, for private channels the webpage is the only way to add channels...so this isn't a suitable workaround. For developers, at least in my case, it prevents me from loading my published or unpublished beta testing channels.
I have tried a factory reset and disabling side-loading; I'm currently trying to work this issue through Roku Customer Support...but feedback from the developer community would really be a big help.Steps to Reproduce:
1. Find a channel URL you have never loaded onto your roku before (i.e. https://owner.roku.com/add/holiday
2. Visit that link in a web-browser. Select "Yes, Add Channel". Verify that you are taken to the "Channel Added" page.
3. On the roku, enter the channel store
4. In the "My Channels" list you will see the new channel. Exit the channel store
5. Find the channel in your lineup, use the info button on it and then select "Remove Channel"
6. Revisit the URL used in step 1. You should be presented with the "Add Channel" confirmation page. Select "Yes, Add Channel". Verify you are taking to the "Channel Added" page.
7. On the roku, enter the channel store.
8. Exit the channel storeExpected Behavior:
The channel exists in my lineup.
Visiting the URL used in step 1 shows the "Channel Already Added" page is displayed.Observed Behavior:
The channel does not exist in my lineup.
Visiting the URL used in step 1 shows the "Add Channel" page. (The "Add Channel" page is always displayed, even for channels that were added via the Channel Store and existing in my lineup)Roku Device Details