Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greubel
Visitor

SpringBoard display fails

While using the roSpringBoard for audio, the display fails to show artist and album info randomly. Toggling between two songs it might fail 1 out of 10 times. Nothing is displayed. Inserted debugs to show the content and the values are set. Version 2.6, it also fails on 2.5

Oh, by the way 2.6 is great !!!!! Where is our SDK ?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: SpringBoard display fails

We're wrapping up the documentation and sample code for the SDK. Getting quite close.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I haven't seen that behavior and I'm sure I've changed the song manually or automatically hundreds of times if not more. Are you calling Show() after changing the Springboard contents with SetContent(song)? It looks like my code does not call Show(), but I have the call to SetContent(song) surrounded with AllowUpdates(false) and AllowUpdates(true) as I get the info for the next song and reset the progress bar. You say nothing is displayed, so it may be something else entirely. As I said, I've never seen that.

I'll give you a +1 on the "Where is our SDK?"!

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

I concur with renojim that surrounding SetContent(song) (and more importantly AddButton() calls) with AllowUpdates(false) and AllowUpdates(true) is essentially so that the screen doesn't flash while rendering partial content. I would also check that your AddButton calls are coming before your SetContent() call.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
greubel
Visitor

I create a new SpringBoard for each song. I do change buttons on the fly but I do an allow/disallow.
When it fails, it occurs between songs not play/stop/pause.
If I play next then play previous about 10 times it fails. It still fails just letting it play through the songs but not as often.
The artist , album text with the labels is missing but the time field below album gets displayed.
One thing, I'm creating an roArray for the SB, pushing the current one, then a show() followed by a delete(0). This really cuts out the flashing.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't know why that shouldn't work, although the one time I tried creating a new Springboard screen with a different style from the current Springboard screen for an experiment I was doing I got some strange results. Is there any reason why you're creating new screens and not just calling SetContent()?

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

I don't see the need to create a new object every time..... Have you looked at the PrefetchPoster() method of the roSpringBoard object? It would allow you to prefetch the art for smooth transitions.

--Kevin
0 Kudos