Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serj
Visitor

Rokus in the enterprise(School District)

Someone suggested that I try posting this here instead of on the general forum....Here's the original post...

I am working on a project at the school district where I work to update the way we stream morning announcements and how we use projectors to display content. I am trying to think outside the box a little...Here is our current setup...

Every classroom has a Projector mounted to the ceiling that projects on a smartboard. The project picks up the announcement feed via RCA cables that has been converted from Coax. The Coax runs back to central TV studio room where we use a 'tricaster' and that send it out over a box that splits the Coax and I believe does some sort of modulation.

This just feels like an aging way of doing things.

We are looking at changing to using a full version of wirecast at each school and saving all of our content to a private youtube channel. Playing that content via a roku connected to the projector should be simple. However, what I would like to do is live stream morning announcements directly from the TV Studio to the projectors over the internal wired network.

Does this seem feasible with a Roku?
Does anyone know of a School district or large organization doing this already?
Does anyone have experience or advice on live streaming via wirecast to Roku?
This would require a lot of Rokus(1 per classroom), should I be concerned about all that direct wifi chatter interfering with our wireless network?
What else do I need to consider?

I understand this is a Roku forum but would appreciate any pros AND cons to this approach.

Thanks for any help!
0 Kudos