Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Late Channel Payments

What's going on with the monthly payouts? Normally, Roku pays on the 15th of every month, but this month... still waiting for payment?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
DerekHelps
Visitor

Re: Roku Late Channel Payments

Yesterday was a holiday for some states, that might have something to do with it. Though this day is coming close to an end.
Netgear WNR2000v2
Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware acting as Client Bridge
Soundbridge M2000/M500/R1000
Roku 2 XS 3100
-------------------------------------------------
It's all in the <sup>details</sup>
0 Kudos
BradC
Channel Surfer

roku is broke from sending out all those free roku 3's to everyone but me. Smiley LOL

I wouldn't worry too much about it, give it a few more days, then we can panic. 😉
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

Humm...I guess God's impatient for His 10%... Smiley LOL
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos

Funny. Our servers bill is on the 15th and usually I pay that with my Roku funds. That was the only reason for asking.
0 Kudos
RokuVince
Visitor

The date Roku makes developer payments fluctuates month to month. Per the Billing Services Agreement we have until the end of the month to make the payments, however we always try to get them out as early in the month as possible. I just spoke with our Finance team and they should be going out any day now.
0 Kudos
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

Payments are getting later and later, last month it was the 29th, still waiting on this months.

Yes you have until the end of the month, technically, but what happens if you start going over, that is where we are heading if this trend continues.

When I started with Roku, the middle of the month was the normal date to expect payment, one wonders why it has slipped SO much.
0 Kudos
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

I've just seen Joel's posting saying payments are delayed.

Would be nice to know why, it worrying this is the new trend.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"steveintheukok" wrote:
I've just seen Joel's posting saying payments are delayed.

Would be nice to know why, it worrying this is the new trend.

Not sure I'd call it a trend (note the last post in this thread was nearly two years ago, and it was only a day later than expected).. Here's what I have for 2014:

• January 15

• February 14

• March 12

• April 10

• May 19

• June 12

• July 14

• August 15

• September 16

• October 16

• November 18

• December 24

2013 looked pretty much the same. I suspect the past two months' delays have something to do with end of the year financials and taxes.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

January 15
February 13
March 11
April 19
May 12
June 15
July 15
August 16